What this job involves:
The Events Coordinator will provide support to the Site and/or Assistant Facility Managers in operational activities in events, vendor oversight and equipment and supplies. She will also provide assistance with maintenance and operations, accounting and finance, occupancy services and helpdesk as needed.
This role requires an enthusiastic, proactive individual, an outstanding communicator with the ability to deliver incredible- customer service, organization, collaboration, leadership, and team development.
- Oversee the full life cycle of events from inception, client collaboration and scheduling to implementation for experiences ranging from meetings to elaborate productions
- Manage an events program and calendar for as many as 65 events per week in meeting and event spaces across multiple buildings
- Coordinate activities of onsite meeting and events team and assist with event set ups
- Collaborate with other providers, acting as a single team with peripheral services to include internal and external production, catering, security, facilities, janitorial, movers and equipment providers
- Lead the evaluation and feedback process post-event and create plan to implement changes and improvements
- Communicate proactively, accurately and impeccably both verbally and in writing
- Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction, as evidenced by post-event surveys and general client feedback
- Proactively develop and manage client relationships ensuring expected service levels are achieved or exceeded
- Foster an environment of constant, quality communication between the team and the client
- Comply with all requirements of the Client contract and meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators
- Deliver an exceptional quality of service to the client, as reflected by client feedback
- Actively support an environment of teamwork, co-operation, performance excellence and personal success.
- Participate in the individual performance management program, and personal development planning
Finance Management / Cost Control / Profitability
- Assist the Event Requestor, Client and Site Services Manager to achieve or exceed financial targets and ensure effective, efficient and economic operation of assigned responsibilities.
- Ensure that operational expenditure for the site/s is managed within agreed budgets and identify efficiencies
- Assist with the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes for the site/s.
- As requested by the Regional/Site Services Manager, prepare current financial year budget spend reports (actual vs. budget, variance etc.).
- Manage payments to vendors where applicable, using available systems, complying with all relevant policies
- Provide accurate event, financial, and KPI reporting to both the client and CBRE
Sound like you? To apply you need to possess-
- An Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Facilities, Property, Business or related field desirable
- 1+ year prior experience in events, facilities/property management, hospitality or related field preferred
- Proficiency in a range of information technology tools and platforms
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and effectively deal with stressful situations
- Self-motivated; confident, energetic, and flexible