Equity Data Analyst
The Equity Data Management (EDM) organization is responsible for providing data content and services in a SLA driven environment for MSCI tools that fuels investment decisions. Our data serves as the core foundation for our Index, risk and analytics business. Our services focus on working with research, analytics and other downstream teams on the production and development of our proprietary risk and factor model. In addition, we provide support to our sales team, consultants and client relations teams with client inquiries on content.
Scope of Responsibility
The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in financial markets and concepts as well as knowledge of various financial instruments. The candidate needs to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with emphasis on quality and accuracy. The candidate must be a self-starter who is proactive and assertive.
• Work with production team for managing ongoing operations
• Daily/monthly operations will involve processing & quality checking of reference data and market data for MSCI covered securities universe.
o Maintain Equity universe which will include tracking of IPO’s, decommissioning of securities
o Track changes to various global identifiers of companies like ISIN, Sedol, Cusip etc.
o Analyze corporate events like Spin offs, mergers etc. and evaluate their impact on the reference data and market data of the securities tracked
o Collect and certify pricing and related data points e.g. adjustment factor, dividends, shares etc. for the equity universe
o Perform quality control procedures to ensure the accuracy of data
o Handle MSCI client queries related to any of the data processed by the team
o Contribute in enhancing existing content, systems & applications
o Research the data issues and corporate events at security level using vendor data and publicly available information
o Interact with vendors and other providers for collection of raw data and derived data for usage.
The ideal candidate would have the following skill sets:
• Experience in working with global vendors will be a plus (Reuters, Interactive Data, Factset etc.)
• Good analytical skills combined with ability to manage large amount of data. Experience with SQL and advance excel preferred.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and presentation)
• Self-starter and drive to work in individual capacity with minimum oversight. Should be creative/ innovative in approach while upholding team dynamics.
• Operate in a multinational and multicultural environment.
Finance graduate; CFA, CA, FRM is preferred but not required.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.