RTR Financial Accountant
Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Joseph Rance Robines
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for providing timely, accurate, relevant & value-adding accounting & financial information to all relevant stakeholders, completion of closing, reporting and reconciliation activities, and ensuring the integrity of the general ledger account balances.
• Ensuring financial processes & controls are in place throughout relevant business units and making sure that correct business practices are followed at all times.
• Focus on continuous process improvements and value adding activities.
• Ensure accuracy of the general ledger - tasks include preparation of intermediate to complex manual journal entries, execution of closing tasks, and preparation and distribution of various periodic reports
• Prepare manual journal entries (requires intermediate to complex analysis and computation).
• Park/Post manual journal entries in ERP.
• Ensure that cost and revenue are booked in the correct period by performing financial analysis and proper accounting procedures and standards are followed.
• Perform regular clearing of GL accounts
• Prepare periodic account reconciliation (complex and high risk) based on Policy's requirements
• Investigate reconciling items and prepare appropriate action plans
• Prepare and submit periodic financial and regulatory reports needed by the management for statutory reporting and decision making
• Perform fixed asset accounting (e.g. fixed asset master data maintenance, fixed asset creation and disposal, depreciation run execution and regional report preparation)
• Perform banking transactions (e.g. manual bank statement upload, clearing of bank clearing accounts and month-end bank reconciliation)
• Assist in the periodic audit both internal (SOX testing, IA audit) and external (PWC audit), and respond on a timely manner to any audit queries
• Update the standard operating procedure (SOP) regularly or as the need arises and ensure that the details in the SOP are updated and accurate
• Provide accounting support to local business partners and other non-finance departments (e.g. HR, Sales and Marketing, Procurement) particularly those transactions with complex accounting concepts
• Communicate continuously with various stakeholders in business and respond on a timely manner to management queries in relation to actual results
• 4-5 years meaningful experience in an accounting role (e.g. journal entry preparation, account reconciliation) including monthly closing and reporting
• Previous experience in ERP system (preferably SAP)
• Previous exposure to a work environment requiring attention to details, working to deadlines and handling queries both from external and internal contacts
• Previous experience in fixed asset accounting (Optional)
• Previous experience in banking (Optional)
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) to provide solid advice and accounting support to key stakeholders within the business
• Excellent attention to detail and must have experience and proficiency in account reconciliation and analysis
• Must be a team player and enjoy supporting the wider organization network
• Excellent PC skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. SAP experience preferred though not essential
• Strong English skills. Ability to work with team members from different geographical locations
• Excellent time management and work evaluation skills
• Flexibility and self-motivation, ability to work autonomously
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.