The ESG Controversies team covers 10,000 equities, and spans environmental, governance and social issues including, but not limited to, human rights, labor rights, the environment and anti-corruption, executive and board issues. The Research Analyst will search for, processes, analyze and synthesize, large quantities of information into meaningful data, analysis, and ratings for clients.
Scope of Responsibility
The Analyst will be responsible for:
- Searching for, procuring, and processing information about global companies on an as needed basis using multiple methods, techniques and sources.
- Working with many different types of information sources (i.e. annual reports, websites, quantitative data feeds, web crawlers), types of information (i.e. quantitative data, key performance indicators, prose narratives), topics or subject matters (i.e. traditional financial risk, corporate governance, and sustainability) and types of analysis (i.e. rules-based, subjective analysis, written summaries).
- Working with a global team based in Asia and the US. Providing time zone coverage for client queries and business needs.
- Ensuring high quality standards.
- Participate in various working committees and/or projects.
- Excellent Writing Skills in English
- Fast learner, able to master new concepts, theories, ideas and processes with ease.
- Very proficient with technology and are able to learn new applications on their own with ease. Experience in web-based searching, Excel 2010, data management and data mining preferred.
- Intrinsically motivated to improve their own performance and constantly consider ways to improve workflow processes.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a global team; a strong team player.
- Relevant ESG experience and/or a strong background in research analysis and writing.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.