Berlin, Schleswig-Holstein, de
Posted: March 7th, 2020
Our users are the heart of our business. Stripeís Account Management Team are responsible for managing our most strategic and complex relationships. In this role youíll manage relationships with a portfolio of high-growth DACH users in German and English. You will determine our strategy within these accounts, find and manage upsell opportunities and lead the renewal of the commercial contract. This role involves working closely with senior executives and engaging in both commercial and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organisation. You will be the userís internal advocate and you are responsible for understanding their unique needs, driving adoption of Stripe products, and working with product teams to help build the next generation of user-focused payment tools. Weíre looking for a natural relationship builder who can effectively manage both day-to-day conversations as well as high level strategic discussions and negotiations, focused around driving growth for both our users and Stripe.
- Build long-term relationships with your executive and operational contacts and deeply understand their strategy and goals
- Build account plans and strategies to retain and increase revenue and market share within existing accounts
- Lead proactive discovery conversations to uncover new opportunities
- Manage contract renewal terms and lead commercial negotiations with our clients
- Work closely with other internal teams (e.g. product, sales, risk and operations) to solve complex user needs and help improve our product and service
- Make users love Stripe by proactively offering advice on industry best practices and creative product solutions.
- Contribute to team projects that will further refine our operations.
Weíre looking for someone who:
- Fluent in German and English
- Has 3+ years of experience in a client-facing role, revenue or growth role
- Ability to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products
- Analytical ability to manage complex reporting, pricing and cost considerations
- Ability to develop and execute account plans for companies spanning multiple business units across complex organizations
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders
- A knack for working well with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- The motivation and flexibility to work well in a high-growth environment where things change quickly
- Sophisticated commercial sense and understanding of underlying drivers and strategy of our userís businesses
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet or software company.
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role working with high-growth technology companies
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here