Treasury Financial Risk Specialist
At its core, Stripe is a treasury company. We fulfill our mission of growing the online economy by empowering our users to move money to and from their own user constituents, and to understand and optimize these flows. In this way, treasury is inextricably intertwined with our product; in order to continue to build novel and powerful products for our users, our own treasury capabilities must be excellent.
To that end, Stripe is building a world class Treasury team with a goal of being fully automated and supremely lean. We work closely with our Treasury engineering and Payments Infrastructure engineering teams to build great systems. And, we work closely with our product and finance teams to shape our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We�re looking for a stellar candidate to join our fast growing team and to help us build integrated financial systems and processes, working alongside our business partners and our world-class engineers. You will be an instrumental part of a robust Treasury organization within a fast-paced environment at a growing, global company.
- Support the development of a corporate financial risk program responsible for measuring, monitoring and mitigating risks to ensure adequate balance sheet and liquidity.
- Develop and implement risk management policies, limits, stress testing capabilities, analytics, and reporting. Establish controls and hedging capabilities.
- Create frameworks to support capital markets initiatives ensuring that duration, interest rate, and currency gaps are incorporated into risk models.
- Partner with new product teams acting as a risk advisor, helping to assess their liquidity risk profile and funding requirements.
- Ensure regulatory and legal compliance in our processes.
- Negotiate term sheets and derivative and financing agreements
- Validate risk models used across the company
- Help to design fully automated systems to support our 40+ countries and 130+ currencies.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years of treasury and/or related risk management experience.
- Have risk management experience including forecasting liquidity and regulatory ratios, stress tests, liquidity and interest rate gap analysis, VaR, and risk sensitivities.
- The ability to work with and synthesize large data sets.
- An inclination to solve problems systematically via infrastructure and automation.
- A clear willingness to �roll up their sleeves� and dive into the details
- Flexibility with changing requirements in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
- Comfort working with engineers and non-finance technical partners across Stripe.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to build and leverage cross-functional relationships.
- A demonstrated ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects with a high attention to detail.
- A builder�s mindset with a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom.
- Comfortable with using SQL to support ad hoc analysis.
Nice to haves:
- Strong knowledge of the payments industry.
- Knowledge of regulations that pertain to the payments and financial services industry.
- Prior experience with liquidity/asset & liability management or Treasury products
- Experience with Tableau, Python, R, or equivalents.
To apply please include:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.