ANSA Polymer Limited
This permanent position reports to the Managing Director as well as the Sector HR Manager. The incumbent is required to exercise responsibility for the HR function with the Manufacturing Sector. He/she will interface with key Executive Management and will be responsible for all aspects of the HR lifecycle. He/she will be required to provide leadership, consultation and operational support to the leaadership team and line managers on strategic and people related matters.
- Drive conformance with HR and other Company policies
- Manage the Company HR performance:
- Advise on manpower plans and ensuring optimal staffing
- Recruit other approved vacancies
- Ensure compliance with the Group’s Performance Management System
- Identify training needs and evaluate training provided
- Provide support to the Sector HR Manager in maintaining employee classifications and review non-Executive compensation annually
- Oversee the effective implementation and communication of the Performance Management System across the Sector, including quality assurance audits to ensure:
- Employees’ KPIs are aligned to strategic & business objectives.
- Performance reviews are completed according to agreed timelines
- Assist in the Annual Salary Review Exercise to ensure salary increases and bonuses are paid within agreed timelines.
- Oversee employee communications; ensure that employees are aware of their job role and functions and Group HR policies & procedures
- Ensure that Group induction and orientation programmes are delivered to all new staff
- Liaise with and provide support to the Sector ER/IR Manager in order to:
- Maintain an on-the-ground awareness of the Company’s employment and industrial relations climate
- Spearhead and/or advise in all aspects of the Company’s negotiations.
- Provide advice on and administering the Company’s employee and industrial relations matters
- Organize staff town hall sessions/events as required to present Sector ER/IR initiatives or to relay information stemming from ER/IR implementation
- Provide advice and progresses actions in accordance with policy stages/procedures; refers upwards to Sector HR Manager as required
- Conduct Disciplinary Hearings expeditiously and ensure that grievance handling is in accordance with the HR BlueBooks and respective Collective Agreements
- Provide support in conduct IR coaching to Supervisors/Managers in order to develop IR competencies on a scheduled basis
- Act as the first point of contact after the Line Manager for staff with grievances or Line Managers pursuing progressive disciplinary action
- Support the Sector HR Manager along with other Sector Leads in the development and maintenance of HR best practice across the Company
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- A Master’s degree would be considered an asset
- At least 7-8 years work experience in a related field, supporting at the Executive level
- Industrial Relations experience required
- Computer literate. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
- Understand & influence the business plans of individual subsidiaries to ensure that the employee relations & industrial relations aspects are satisfied to assist in the achievement of business objectives
- Practical and theoretical knowledge in treating with IROs
- Skill in management, supervision and training