Virgin Islands Waste Management Authority - Saint Croix, VI
- Bachelor's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
DEADLINE: Open until filled
Paralegal/Legal Secretary - Assist and provide a range of legal and administrative
support to the General Counsel. Responsible for performing legal and factual research,
records research and identify relevant judicial decisions, statutes, legal articles, codes and
other pertinent material. Prepare, file and secure legal documents
This exempt position requires independent decision making and autonomy in the discharge of duty. It is
a professional, executive role with respect to the subject matter described herein. This position is thus
outside the purview of the Virgin Islands Wrongful Discharge Act and said employee can be terminated
at any time with or without cause. No property right to employment exists and any offer of employment
may be withdrawn without notice or cause, subject to the rights and remedies available to employers and
employees under United Stated and Virgin Islands law.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following with other duties as assigned.
- Provides administrative support to the General Counsel.
- Conducts legal research and tracks legal decisions and cases.
- Prepares legal documents, makes legal filings and secure documents at the
direction of the General Counsel.
- Prepare correspondence and written reports.
- Build and maintain databases and files.
- Schedules meetings and coordinates all activities for the Office of the General
- Manages projects as assigned by the General Counsel.
- Makes travel arrangements, maintains the daily schedule and manages telephone
calls for the General Counsel.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with Board of Director
members, Authority staff and members of the legal community.
- Manage cases, deadlines (including a tickler system) and scheduling.
- Act as the liaison between the General Counsel’s Office and the courts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited school required.
- A two or four-year degree from an accredited university in legal education is
- Four years of relevant experience including at least one year with a utility,
government agency or public service organization
- Certification or credentials as a paralegal or legal secretary is required.
- Valid Virgin Islands Driver Licensure is required.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
Submit a letter of interest along with a resume to:
Director of Human Resources
Virgin Islands Waste Management Authority
P.O. Box 1689
Kingshill, St. Croix USVI 00851
Virgin Islands Waste Management Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer