Find your fit @ GILDAN
OUR COMPANY Gildan is a leading manufacturer of everyday basic apparel which markets its products in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America, under a diversified portfolio of Company-owned brands, including Gildan®, American Apparel®, Comfort Colors®, Gildan HammerTM, Gold Toe®, Anvil®, Alstyle®, Secret®, Silks®, Kushyfoot®, Secret Silky® , Therapy PlusTM, Peds® and MediPeds® and under the Under Armour® brand through a sock licensing agreement providing exclusive distribution rights in the United States and Canada. Gildan owns and operates vertically integrated, large-scale manufacturing facilities which are primarily located in Central America, the Caribbean Basin, North America and Bangladesh. Gildan commenced operations in Barbados in 1999 with less than 10 employees and currently employs over 300 people in its Barbados office. We perform the Sales, Marketing and Distribution Division's complete global Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Inventory Control, Operations and Finance functions from within the offices here in Barbados. Gildan's corporate head office is located in Montreal, Canada; we have over 50,000 employees worldwide and we are an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website at www.gildan.corn for additional information. We are seeking creative and talented individuals with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, challenging and dynamic environment to fill the following position in our Marketing team:
GRAPHIC DESIGNER - AMERICAN APPAREL® RETAIL (JOB ID 1749)
The Graphic Designer — American Apparel Retail will be responsible for delivering graphic design solutions in support of the Gildan ® Activewear brand's retail business, specifically American Apparel®. Graphic and production design, as well as creative support will be required to achieve industry-leading results. He/she should be able to understand and interpret the given creative direction set by the Art Director and be able to execute to the remaining campaign elements. The role requires a strong understanding in typography, color theory, graphic design, photography, eCommerce, social media and web design as well as experience in video editing. The incumbent will create web graphics, e-blasts, banner ads, social posts, and video to support American Apparel® retail. The incumbent will also support the Director, Art Production in any additional business needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and complete projects within the established creative vision set by brand partners and Director, Art Production.
- Use graphic design and production design skill sets to solve and complete assigned tasks.
- Produce strong creative solutions based on strategic objectives and seasonal/promotional campaigns.
- Adhere to project schedules and deadlines; manage and communicate project statuses to all partners.
- Create PowerPoint presentations for business needs to support Vice President, Marketing.
- Support the Director, Art Production in other creative needs.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design and five (5) years' postgraduate experience in graphic design and production.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and AfterEffects.
- Ability to design for digital channels - web and social media.
- Knowledge of post-production - retouching, color correction, and video editing.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work within a fast-paced environment and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think critically and creatively and to follow set design guidelines.
- Must be organized, detail oriented with high level of integrity and flexibility.
- Ability to work well independently and with team.
- Strong fashion sense would be an advantage.
The deadline for applications is Friday, May 24, 2019. (Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged)