General Manager - Human Resources
THE EASTERN REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY
The General Manager-Human Resources will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
NATURE & SCOPE
The General Manager-Human Resources is responsible for ensuring that Human Resources activities and support are responsive to the strategic objectives of the Authority. He/She will be responsible for formulating and managing the implementation of Human Resources Policies and Procedures; for the development of Human Resources strategic plans and for monitoring the performance of such plans. The General Manager, Human Resources provides guidelines and advice to the Executive Team and Line Managers on all matters relating to the acquisition, maintenance and separation of the Human Resources employed by the Authority in the conduct of its business. He/She will contribute as a member of the Senior Management Team in the Authority’s Transformation Thrust.
The General Manager-Human Resources would be required to:
- Conceptualize the Human Resources Portfolio within general guidelines established by the Ministry of Health and the Board and provide advice to the Board, Executive Team and Line Managers on all matters relating to the Human Resource Management.
- Plan, design, implement and administer a modern Human Resources Management System together with all related sub-systems in the Authority.
- Oversee the assessment of the Authority’s Human Resources needs and develop and co-ordinate strategic Human Resources and succession plans to meet the Authority’s requirements.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Human Resources Policy and Procedures Manual which will form the basis for Human Resources practices in the Authority.
- Co-ordinate the Human Resources Function throughout all Administrative Units within the Eastern Regional Health Authority.
- Direct Organizational and Management Development activities and advise on Organization Design.
- Negotiate Labor Agreements, administer Labor Contracts and conduct joint Labor/ManagementMeetings.
- Develop and maintain the Authority’s Classification and Compensation System.
- Direct Human Resources research and prepare position papers and reports for the guidance of the ChiefExecutive Officer and the Board.
- Act as Secretary to the Human Resource Committee of the Board.
- Ensure using established metrics the Employment and Employee Services Department, Organization andEmployer Development and Industrial Relations, Compensations and Benefits Administration Unit.
- Engage in strategic planning and performance reviews.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the appropriate Authority.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of current Human Resources and Industrial Relations legislation and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of job analysis techniques, the establishment of performance standards and the design of Evaluation Systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of organization design and analysis techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Compensation Management Systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Organization Development Techniques, Systems and Practices.
- Extensive knowledge of Training and Development Techniques and Practices.
Date Approved: June 2010 ERHA – HRD job description
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIP