Advanced Technical Support Engineer
HP EMEA Customer Support (CS) is responsible every aspect of the customer support experience delivered to EMEA customers and support partners. The aim is to provide a high quality, differentiated support experience that is highly valued by our customers and contributes significantly to customer retention and business growth, whilst meeting CS cost structure objectives.
The HP Customer Support EMEA Category organization is tasked with ensuring that the support offering matches the regional competitive landscape, deployment of the support offering, growth of the services business and management of end-to-end support delivery performance.
As part of the HP Customer Support, Category organization, the Advanced Technical Support (ATS) teams provide on-site and remote expert level technical support to customers, repair partners (direct and indirect) and other delivery chain organizations.
The ATS teams are split into three distinct areas, Computing, Printing and DesignJet. The scope of the technical support provided in each area is split into hardware, firmware/BIOS and software/ solutions, with each ATS Engineer focused on one or more of these aspects.
The ATS Engineer job is an EMEA role, having prime responsibility for improving HP’s Customers and Partners (Direct and Channel Partners) ability to succeed with HP Print’s product portfolio (LaserJet and Page Wide products), from a technical perspective. Whilst focus will be on providing support in the country or sub-region in which based, the ATS engineer will work across the EMEA. Consistent with HP’s business strategy, a specific focus is on developing and implementing ATS support strategies and processes for our Channel Partners, however, we must also continue to develop our Direct support role. The exact nature of each ATS role will reflect this required balanced approach, by geography.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The role is split into three distinct areas:
The ATS Engineers primary job is to use his/her technical expertise to provide solutions to complex support issues in their specific knowledge areas. He/she will be engaged when a relevant elevation trigger, documented in the Elevation Process, has been met (eg a complex case not solvable by the Contact Centre, two failed on-site visits, customer/Partner request, HP management request)
Specific tasks include some or all of the following:
- Rapid response to Print Partners complex technical issues, both remote and on-site
- Manage GBU elevation process for technical issues, focusing on rapid turn-around-time
- Manage technical support request from the Customer Relationship Team (CRT). Business Escalation Team (BES), CS Management, business partners etc.
- Contribute to business retention and growth by providing technical support to the sales teams (HW and Support), as requested.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customers by collaborating with other internal functions and GBUs when necessary
The ATS Engineers’ pro-active role will include some or all of the following:
- Be the focal point for collecting, documenting and sharing product technical knowledge and solutions, provided by the GBU with EMEA repair partners through Technical Briefings, Newsletters, training events and technical reviews with Channel Partners
- Analysis of quality and operational data, together with QPMs, to identify issues, root causes, and propose solutions/corrective action plans for solving
- Contribute to ensure the technical readiness of support partners delivering support services for HP products – Channel, Managed Print Services (MPS), Direct business. Includes reviewing feasibility of new product introduction plans for EMEA and associated product training.
- Collaborate with the Global Business Unit (GBU), Global Support Engineering (GSE), field operations, repair partners and other stakeholders to improve the support experience
- Apply project management techniques and advanced subject matter knowledge to resolve complex business issues (Expert)
Channel Partner support
When required, the following activities may be required:
- the single point of contact for Country Partner Service Managers and Channel Partner’s technical staff for technical support required for supporting HP’s Print portfolio
- Support HP Country Partner Service Managers consultations with Partner delivery teams in planning, delivering, and managing complex support solutions for office printing solutions.
- support monthly/quarterly reviews with Partners and support corrective action plans - led by Service Managers
Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar field, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in support, engineering, and technical experience with office copiers and office printing providers.
- Experience with scanners, printers, MFPs, and similar products.
- Advanced problem solving and trouble shooting skills. Experience working across organizations.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under remote supervision
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to work outside of office hours (includes on-call duty).
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent team worker.
- Leadership skills
- Greater than 50% travel required
- Process improvement and process implementation experience, especially complex, distributed systems. Project Management Professional or Lean Sigma Black Belt certification preferred but not essential.
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas and that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you. If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Job ID 3040157