Indigo Customer Field Support Engineer - UK&I Midlands
HP Development Company, L.P.
Today HP is a $50+ billion fortune 50 company with just under 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. HP is about innovation, it’s who we are and what we have been doing since 1939, and we keep reinventing ourselves. Together we challenge convention, pushing each other to surprise the world.
The Field Service Engineer’s key role is to provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of commercial and industrial HP Indigo Digital Printing Systems. For Field Service Engineers’, this includes ensuring equipment is installed, maintained, and repaired as requested by the company and to the satisfaction of the customer and company.
Additional responsibilities include documentation, testing, calibration, trouble shooting and administrative work with our tools to manage the cases.
As this is a field based role the successful applicant will see themselves covering the areas of the Midlands and Central UK (including Birmingham, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester & Northampton). It is essential that the applicants have a valid UK driving licence as the role involves travelling to various different customer sites which may not be easily accessible via public transport. On occasions there may be a requirement to travel abroad especially for training purposes.
- Timely installation for sales recognition
- Provide technical on-site support to customer
- Support regional team leader in achieving shared goals
- Provide TCE by delighting customers, responding promptly & correctly to their needs
- Support sales and existing marketing functions for shows/exhibits
- May need to be available outside of standard working hours
- Team work: locally & across other areas in UK.
- Understanding HP portfolio: contracts, revenue processes & compliance
- Customer: achieve good TCE (Total customer experience), keep commitments, KCI (Keep customer informed)
- Proactive: good attention to detail
- Sales techniques: supporting new service offering
- Financial: control travel time, overtime, warranty costs, and spare parts costs
Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 3 + years delivery experience in the area of electro- mechanical and electronic servicing of Graphic Arts products.
- Experience in Service delivery for the Graphic Arts and/or similar markets with good Software & IT background
- Broad Technical Background ( IT, Network, Electronics, SW Solution, Mechanics, Graphics Art )
- Good listening, speaking and written communications skills
- Analytical evaluation skills.
- Works effectively within and across teams, customers and partners
- Able to deal with challenging customer situations in balance with HP and customer interests
- Flexible approach to working and travel.
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Job ID 3043374