Candidates for Deputy Director for Programs - various West African locations
We would like to get ahead of our specific recruitment needs and be in touch with qualified candidates before a specific requisition opens up. We are seeking leaders for our program teams who are qualified to be in a role as a Deputy Director for Programs (DDP). In this role, you provide strategic leadership to our dynamic portfolio of programs. As a senior leader, your core responsibilities will include program oversight, grants and budget management, program quality, strategic direction and fundraising. You would report directly to the Country Director (CD) and lead a team of experienced professionals in programs, grants and M&E.
Do you have past experience in program leadership? Are you passionate about quality design, strategy, and want to make a meaningful impact in the field? Join us!
Highlights of Key Responsibilities
- You are the programmatic lead for the country program, covering implementation, grants management and business development.
- You play a key role in the country program’s annual strategy review and quarterly reporting, helping to determine and achieve priority programming.
- You lead on proposal and concept note development, and define, with the CD, the strategic direction of our programmatic and fundraising efforts.
- You mentor staff, providing guidance and supporting finance and grants teams in writing proposal narratives and budgets.
- You supervise and support the grants team's consolidation of donor reports.
- You work to improve project management by rolling out new project cycle meetings to improve oversight, coordination and collaboration (e.g., monthly budget tracking meetings, project opening meetings, implementation meetings, lessons learnt meetings)
- You represent the IRC in donor and partner meetings, expanding our participation and visibility in key coordination forums.
- You monitor project implementation against work plans, while providing guidance to project leads.
- You foster a positive and productive professional work environment and professional relationships amongst staff; and facilitate productive working relationships between the program and operations staff.
- You have a solid work ethic and desire to work every single day for the improvement of the lives of the people we serve.
- As a leader in a position of trust, you can lead by example and inspire others through your positive role modeling.
- Graduate degree in relevant field preferred
- Six years of progressively responsible international management experience, preferably in remote management contexts, including technical staff supervision.
- Experience developing and implementing country level strategies
- Ability to develop successful proposals for a variety of donors.
- Ability to lead projects to completion on time, in compliance with donor requirements, within budget, and with the anticipated results.
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management.
- Extensive experience with M&E tools and systems for complex programs.
- Established capacity to deal with ambiguity in stressful situations.
- Ability to respond to multiple priorities in a timely manner, producing high-quality outcomes.
- Excellent written English and French skills
- Familiarity with budgeting using MS Excel
- Excellent computer skills and competency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Great multi-tasking abilities and communication skills, both oral and written
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality & Equal Opportunity
We are committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer generous benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified female professionals to apply.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID: req4400
Job Title: Candidates for Deputy Director for Programs – various West African locations
Sector: Program Administration
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Yes
Location: IRC Global