Charlestown, Saint John Figtree, kn
The Nevis Electricity Company Ltd (NEVLEC) is seeking applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of General Manager.
The Nevis Electricity Company Limited is the sole provider of electricity on the island of Nevis. The company, which opened its doors on September 1, 2000, is a fully owned subsidiary of the Nevis Island Administration. NEVLEC began its operation with the aim of providing quality electricity service to the island of Nevis. Since then, NEVLEC has grown tremendously in power generation, transmission and distribution and in the level of service we provide to our customers.
Role of the General Manager
Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include but are not limited to the following:
• Oversight of the day to day operations of the Nevis Electricity Company and its various divisions:
a. Customer Service;
d. Transmission and Distribution;
e. Human Resources.
• Develop and implement an effective strategic plan for the company.
• Prepare periodic reports for the Board of Directors.
• Preparation of annual budgets aligned with the strategic objectives of the company.
• Maintain and manage an effective and motivated team, capable of attaining the strategic objectives of the company.
• Oversight of the employee recruitment, development and appraisal processes.
• Ensure that the operations, policies and procedures are compliant with the laws, regulations and safety standards are applicable to a utility company.
The Job Holder must possess the following:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or an MBA in a relevant field.
• 10 years relevant experience in a similar organization.
• 5 years in a management position within a utility company.
• Strong organisational and leadership skills.
• Very good communication skills, verbal and written.
• Proficient in Microsoft Applications with knowledge of industry relevant software and hardware.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of the integration of alternative energy sources.
• Commensurate with one’s qualifications.
All applications must be received by Thursday, 25th April, 2019, and must include the following:
2. Two references
3. Notarized copies of all certificates
Applications can be submitted in the follow ways - via mail to:
Nevis Electricity Company Ltd (NEVLEC)
P.O. Box 636
or via e-mail: Click Apply
Only applicants with the required qualifications and experience will be acknowledged.