The Manager, Communications has the responsibility of managing the development and implementation of the corporate communication strategy including media relations, community relations and internal communications to support the organisation and raise the visibility of Flow in the overall marketplace by enhancing its image among key constituents for the Trinidad and Tobago (TT) and Curacao operations.
He/she will also develop, plan and implement all aspects of the Company’s communications, public relations and special events initiatives which create impact and make news
- Develop and implement a comprehensive PR & Communications Plan, with specific strategies and action to project a positive Company image to both the public and our customers;
- Promote the Company’s visibility by helping to identify newsworthy stories and follow up with media to increase the possibilities of maximum coverage in all media; radio, television and Internet
- Prepare effective press releases, prepare information for media kits and produce customer letters and emails as well as the internal newsletter.
- Assist in maintaining the Company’s corporate image
- Manage special event, new product launches and other activities, the Company supports in order to gain public attention through the media without direct advertising
- Draft speeches and other corporate communication for company executives, arrange interviews and other forms of contact
- Effectively communicate, build relationships and generate goodwill with key organisations, business partners, community leaders and local government officials to bolster the company’s visibility amongst key influencers within the region
- Provide Director with counsel on communication strategy for internal and external communication issues
- Liaises with the marketing team to proactively showcase the brand through strategic partnerships and ensure all company communication and messages adhere to the company’s objective for the brand
- Develops and implement media training and development programme for senior management
- Leads in the development and implementation of the crisis management communications plan
- Create PR opportunities which keep the company prominently in the press in a positive way
- Manages internal communication
- Manages and implements all events/initiatives in the Corporate Communications function, including necessary external and internal Communications—ensuring maximum benefit to the business while enhancing its image and corporate brand.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree level in Mass Communication, Public Relations, Media Studies or other related area of specialization.
- A Master’s Degree will be an asset
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Corporate Communications; Public Relations or Marketing
- Experience in a telecommunications environment will be an asset
- Proven ability to design and develop Communications strategies to support business goals.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective at communicating and building trust with stakeholders at all levels of the organization as well as external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate ability to think analytically and develop creative solutions
- Ability to act with integrity in resolving issues and dealing with confidential matters.
- Highly motivated and action-oriented individual.
- Ability to work collaboratively and develop strong, positive working relationships.