Senior Web Developer and Manager
Decode Digital is a full-service digital agency in Houston, TX. Overall services include Search Engine Advertising, Inbound Marketing, Social Media Management & Marketing, Email Marketing, Social Media Advertising, Website Development, Search Engine Optimization, and Online Reputation Management.
Decode Digital is looking for an experienced, full-time senior web developer with strong front-end development skills. This position is for an individual with strong oral and written communication skills and strong organizational skills, who is excited by the prospect of working in a creative, fast-paced ad-agency environment. This position has growth potential and offers salary, benefits and the opportunity for bonuses.
Director of Web Development
- Web Programming: 8-10 years
- PHP: 5+ years
- Wordpress and Drupal: 5+ years
Job Description Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Director of Web Development manages, supports, and mentors growth in a web development team of 3
- Works with department heads, coworkers and project teams to clearly define and design websites and web-related projects according to wire frames and/or functional specifications
- Supports and project-manages any ongoing enhancements and additions to existing sites
- Ensures that web projects are produced accurately and on schedule, while also meeting code and accessibility reviews
- Communicates and collaborates with leadership, clients, project team members, and others as appropriate regarding project status and any current or potential issues that may impact the timely completion of projects
- Familiarity with industry best practices for software and web development; maintains and shares up-to-date knowledge on industry technology and trends with the rest of the creative team
- Understands design user-interaction and design workflows, with familiarity in usability and accessibility best practices
- Participates in brainstorming sessions, and user research/testing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combined with outstanding digital portfolio, plus 8-10+ years of experience, most preferably in a digital marketing or digital agency environment
- Knowledge of digital standards and web browsers
- Strong experience in SPA Frameworks (React preferred, Vue or Angular also acceptable), Backend development, CSS Preprocessors, Animation Libraries. Knowledge of Git workflow also a plus.
- Must know conceptual design, user interface design, responsive design, and understand user-centric design in production of rich internet applications. Experience with email marketing platforms a plus
- Strong knowledge of digital media channels & digital advertising requirements preferred
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams to successfully take digital projects through their full life cycle—from concept to launch
- Strong detail orientation with proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality