Web Software Developer
CGG is a fully integrated Geoscience company providing leading geological, geophysical and reservoir capabilities.
Be a part of a global team responsible for the design, development, and support of key web applications at CGG. Our existing web applications range from production applications that interface with our high-performance computing environment to applications for human-resource processes that support our employees (e.g., learning and career development, absence management). The global web development team is also responsible for developing and maintaining various productivity tools, including data and project management tools and secure portals for client collaboration. There are numerous unique challenges to be solved that will push you to think outside the box and ensure that you are challenged and interested in your work.
Emphasis for this position will be on server-side coding in addition to front-end design. A strong programming background and a desire to be very hands-on are critical to the work. You are expected to have the technical proficiency to prototype, develop, enhance, and manage new and existing web applications, while maintaining a high level of application and data integrity. You will interact extensively with users to understand requirements from a global user base and design innovative solutions to meet user demands. Our standards are high, but you have the autonomy to devise your own creative solutions using the best tools available.
Must have current U.S. work authorization or qualify for sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or another field with a programming emphasis, or relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge in PHP is a must, complete with hands-on experience
- Strong database platform experience, especially MySQL
- Familiarity with PHP MVC frameworks (Yii2, Zend, etc.)
- Innovative mindset
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Basic project management skills
- Working knowledge of Linux, Nginx, and Apache
- Perl and Shell scripting experience
- UX design and prototyping experience
Why work at CGG?
- Highly intelligent and motivated coworkers who are industry leaders in seismic imaging
- Energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment, full of imaging problems to be solved and technologies to be developed
- Excellent training and mentorship programs
- Competitive compensation with a monthly, performance-based bonus program
- Full health benefits and generous 401(k) employer-matching
- Onsite gym, fully stocked break rooms, table tennis and/or billiards tables on every floor, free catered lunches three days a week, plus breakfast on Fridays
- We take care of our biggest asset – our people!