Consultant for Baseline Study
Corporate Staffing Services Ltd
Period: March to 30th April 2019
Location: Naivasha and Nairobi.
Our client is a national Non-Governmental Organization registered in Kenya. They wish to hire an experienced consultant to conduct a baseline business case studies research on national, regional and global firms with practical & functional GBV intervention programs on the Model Sexual Harassment Policy and its adoption in the floriculture sector. The consultant is expected to work closely with the organization’s staff and its partners in the delivery of the project goals and objectives.
Objective of the Study
The consultant is expected to undertake the following tasks and duties with an aim of ensuring the adoption and institutionalization of the Model sexual harassment policy in the five flower farms.
The consultancy will be divided into 3 thematic areas:
Business case studies – through desktop review, face-‐to-‐face interviews and FGDs with key stakeholders, partners and business community.
- Rapid assessment of systemic GBV ‘hot spots/blind spots’ (infrastructure, processes, actors & push factors) in select 5 flower farms.
- Field visits to the already identified best practice farms in Naivasha.
- To highlight companies/enterprises in similar context that have successfully adopted and institutionalized Sexual Harassment Policy.
- To recommend a practical implementation framework for adoption by flower farms of Model Sexual Harassment Policy in the floriculture sector.
- To disseminate the survey findings in stakeholders meeting in 5 locations.
- To carry out a rapid assessment in 5 select flower farms on: systemic GBV hot spots within their premises, capacity to address cases/complaints & referral pathway in place.
- Master’s Degree or postgraduate degree in political science, economics, law, social science or others as may be relevant.
- The consultant must have demonstrated at least three years’ experience and expertise in designing and managing evaluation baseline studies for similar projects and in delivering agreed outputs;
- Experience of working with business companies, local communities and non-‐governmental organizations will be an added advantage; and
- Prior experience or study of the floriculture sector will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
For a detailed brief on the Baseline Study click here
How to Apply
Applicants should send a brief cover letter explaining their qualification and motivation for the position; and how their experience is relevant to the position. All applications should be sent by the 28th of February 2019 with the Title, “Baseline Study On Relevant GBV Business Context Interventions” on the subject line. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet the set requirements will not be considered. Interested consultancy persons are invited to submit their bids in the following format: