Senior Research Officer
SALARY SCALE 5 CASB/8/2019
Kshs. 84,080 x 4,200 – 88,280 x4,420 – 92,700 x 4,620 – 97,320 x 4,880 – 102,200 x 5,110 – 107,310 x 5,350 – 112,660 p.m.
House Allowance Kshs.21, 000
Commuter Allowance Kshs. 12, 000
- Ensuring provision of non-partisan professional research services to Members of County Assembly, Committees and staff.
- Overseeing the assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of County government policy options.
- Initiating and conducting anticipatory research/analysis on key policy issues, including assessing the strengths and weakness of policy options,
- Writing of research papers and reports and facilitating their subsequent publications and
- Supervising and ensuring quality control in the preparation of research papers, briefing notes and particular points of view.
- Maintaining a periodically updated inventory of publications on current issues, legislation and major public policy issues/questions.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in statistics, geography, economics, mathematics, social science ,social research or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Three (3) years’ work experience in a reputable organization
- A thorough demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the concepts and techniques of professional research with particular emphasis on public policy analysis and an ability to write reports in a clear, concise and understandable manner
- An understanding of parliamentary process and a sensitivity to the research and policy analysis needs of the County Assembly
- Demonstrated outstanding administrative/managerial capability in the organization of the research services
- Possess a Senior Management Course from a reputable institution lasting not less than 4 weeks
- Meet the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to forward their applications with copies of applicant’s academic and professional testimonials, and copy of Identity Card both sides to reach the Secretary County Assembly Service Board, P. O. Box 1886-50200, Bungoma or be hand delivered to the Human Resource Management office, room No.10 at the County Assembly.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Cards, academic degree transcripts, professional certificates and clearances from, EACC, KRA, DCI and CRB.
Terms: permanent and pensionable
Please note that
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number on the top left corner of the
envelop and be addressed to:-
County Assembly Service Board,
County Assembly of Bungoma,
P.O Box 1886 – 50200, Bungoma.
Be hand delivered to the Human Resource Management office, so as to reach not later than 18.03.2019 at