Assistant Engineer I
Terms of service
Purpose of the Job
The officer will work under supervision of a senior officer.
- Advise the director pertaining all street lighting, Traffic signal lights and building services
- Oversee day to day running of the teams and ensure performance of staff allocat
- Implement street lighting, Traffic signal lights and building services done
- Ensure quality control of street lighting, Traffic signal lights and building services works
- Interpret designs and plans and ensure they are done on the ground
- Collect field data for design and report to Electrical engineer
- Prepare reports in section
- Assist in preparation of work plans, designs, and budget of the department
- Implement the county plans and strategies
- Review and formulate policies, planning, and construction of county street lighting, Traffic signal lights and building services
- Direct, control and coordinate works and oversee street lighting, Traffic signal lights and building services
- Coordinate contract work with utility companies and other government agencies
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
- Participate in the budgeting process for the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from a recognized Institution or a Related Engineering discipline
- Registration with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) and a member of Institution of Engineers of Kenya as a graduate engineer.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Constitution of Kenya 2010, County Government Act of 2012 etc.
- In-depth professional knowledge and experience in a specialized field or broad knowledge of a number of field
- Three years (3) experience in the relevant field
- Applicants should clearly indicate on the envelope and application letter the position applied for.
- Applicants MUST attach copies of CV’s, academic and professional certificates.
- Current clearance certificates from CID, HELB, EACC and KRA
- Confirmation of Kenyan citizenship (National Identity Card).
- Indicate sub-county and ward of residence.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing directly or indirectly will result to disqualification.
- Gender, ethnicity, disability and regional balance considerations will be applied in the selection process.
How To Apply
Click Apply and Fill in the Online Application Form after reading the instructions inside the form, and attach certificates/ testimonials,
Fill in a physical Application Form and drop it at the Mombasa County Public Service Board Office at Betting Control Building, Mombasa or via postal mail/ courier service, and attach certificates/ testimonials. For this form CLICK HERE.
All Applications should reach the Mombasa County Public Service Board offices at Betting & Control Building, Mombasa on or before Friday 8th March 2019 by 4.30 p.m.
In case you need more guidance on how to fill the form, don’t hesitate to call our PR & Communication Office on the numbers provided.
Mombasa County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer.