Floor Service Supervisor
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Mombasa.
- Anticipate guest’s needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day’s business.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labour forecasts. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent employees.
- Address customer inquiries and complaints.
- Handle complaints, conflicts, questions and suggestions from F and B employees.
- Coordinate music selection and entertainment, ensuring correct volume and appropriateness to clientele.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff and rectify any deficiencies.
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
Required skills and Competencies
- Diploma in Hotel Management course
- At least 2 -3 years of experience in a busy restaurant with high-end service standards
- Ability to perform training and coaching of restaurant staff on regular basis
- Great communication skills – Ability to deal with customer complaints
- Good presentation skills
- Attention to details
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter.
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For any further questions about this vacancy, Visit our website at www.Tamarind.co.ke.