Audit Senior Job In Kisumu (180K)
Our Client is a fast growing, high quality, professional audit & advisory firm, located in Kisumu & Nairobi, Kenya. In line with their rapid expansion, they’re looking for candidates who are committed and responsible to join the audit team.
The role reports to the Partners / Directors and supervises Audit Seniors/Consultants on various assignments at any one time. The applicant should be ready to lead assignments and will take a lead role in the firm’s business development initiatives.
The role will provide excellent career progression for the right person.
- Team Leader –Planning, leading, managing and supervising execution of external audit and other accounting / advisory engagements. Assisting with the setting of budgets and deadlines and ensuring that audit and other assignments are completed within these limits. Reviewing audit / accounting / advisory work and finally signing-off on delivery reports.
- Communication – Regular meetings with clients to obtain updates on their business, discussing issues and presenting audit findings.
- Staff Supervision – Setting objectives (goal-setting) with the audit team, providing support and coaching for more junior staff, and giving them constructive feedback on their performance.
- Quality Control – Ensuring quality audit work and client service.
- Client Relationship – Communicating with clients as well as the internal accounting and audit departments of clients to ensure delivery of exceptional client service.
- Portfolio Management – Ensuring the set project recovery levels are met, audit fees are billed and collected on time.
- Business Development – Assist with strengthening existing client relationships and developing new business opportunities by participating in sales meetings and working on proposals.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CPA, ACA) with at least 4 years audit experience with a reputable audit firm, of which 2 years are in managerial or supervisory capacity.
- Strong business awareness and an ability to identify audit issues arising from transactions.
- Technically good knowledge of modern auditing methodologies, ISAs and IFRSs.
- Good working knowledge of Kenyan tax laws
- Excellent supervision, communication and ICT skills (especially knowledge of Draft Worx, QuickBooks).
- An additional qualification in ICT will be advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested candidates that meets the criteria set above should send their applications clearly quoting “AUDIT SENIOR” on the email subject line. Applications closes on 15th April 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.